Teleforum Poll Results: April 11, 2018
On a scale of 1-5, where 1 means “not at all important” and 5 means “critically important,” how important are term limits to you?
- 42 percent of those polled pressed, "5" meaning term limits are critically important to them
- 8 percent of respondents believed term limits were, "not at all important" to them
Recreational use of marijuana is currently legal in eight states. Do you think Illinois should become the next state to legalize the recreational use?
- 33 percent of respondents pressed 1 for yes, Illinois SHOULD legalize recreational marijuana
- 59 percent of those polled pressed 2 for no, Illinois SHOULD NOT legalize recreational marijuana
- 8 percent were undecided/had no opinion
The Southwest Illinois Connector is a proposed four lane highway connecting Carbondale with the Metro East and would run through Jackson, Perry, Randolph, and Monroe Counties. Would you support construction of this highway?
- 43 percent pressed 1 for yes
- 33 percent of those polled pressed 2 for no
- 24 percent of respondents pressed 3 sharing they don't know and would need more information
Even after last year's tax increase, Illinois still has a debt of approximately $9 billion. What is the best way to achieve a long term financial solvency?
- 10 percent pressed 1 in favor of creating a Progressive Tax to generate more revenue
- 31 percent called for reducing spending
- 59 percent responded with economic growth