Reminder: Tax Filing Deadline is Fast Approaching
The deadline to file state and federal taxes is mere weeks away. Taxpayers can file their returns on or before Tuesday, April 17, for the 2017 tax filing year.
Some common documents, records, or receipts you may need to help you file include:
- a copy of your federal income tax return and schedules
- copies of all W-2 and 1099 forms
- tax returns you filed with other states
- your property number and amount of property tax paid
- receipts for qualified education or moving expenses
- your routing and account number for direct deposit into checking or savings accounts
You can use MyTax Illinois to electronically file your original Individual Income Tax Return. If you haven’t already, you can start your IL-1040 online for free at mytax.illinois.gov.